Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Have a Listen...


So I recently left my ipod (yes, I gave into society and bought an ipod- and a pink one at that) in my sister’s car, which she took back to her house. A few days later, I realized it was gone so I went to go pick it up from her house, and she and her boyfriend generously offered to upload a few tunes onto it. Of course I accepted since I only had about 250 songs out of a possible 1000, and especially since I had heard that my sis’ boyfriend was an acclaimed music fanatic. Once I got it back, I eagerly turned it on to see what they had added. Ok so, I thought they were only going to put a FEW songs on it… now I have 753. Not that it’s a problem! I was just shocked is all. And the crazy thing was, that aside from some Dave Matthews and Jurassic 5, I hadn’t heard of any of the music! You just sort of assume that you know most artists or bands, or at least I did. Well I was obviously very wrong. At first I was totally being a music discriminator.
Donovan Frankenreiter, Finley Quaye, Guster, The Kooks, Eek A Mouse, Cat Power? Cat Power, really?? These band names sounded either too hippie, too folk, too indie, or just too not me. But after spending a few days with the pod on shuffle, I found out that most of this music was actually really good, and even better than the mainstream crap I had uploaded myself. There was also a lot of lounge ambiance music, a little like stylish elevator music which I definitely thought was going to be lame. It wasn’t. It was super relaxing and cool. So now I’ve learned my lesson. It was ignorant of me to think that this stuff was bad just because I’ve never heard of it. So check out the new stuff; download a bunch of stuff and listen to your list on shuffle. You might be surprised what you’ll like. Here’s something I really liked if you’re interested: “Letting the cables sleep ( the NOW remix )” by Bush, album is “Café Del Mar- Volumen Siete”. Happy Listening
: )

No comments: